mercredi 16 novembre 2011

Little Vegas Lies - new EP -DOMINO-

After the release of their first EP 'A Truth Not Far Away' in last May, Little Vegas Lies is back with a new guitarist and a new self-funded EP. This EP is called "Domino" and contain 4 songs (all written by Steven McNamara, except the 4th written by Steven and Simon Moore) and it's more rock than the 1st one. :)

Standing Room Only
Domino
Hang Fire
Set Me On Fire 

As I've been able to listen to this EP since yesterday, I just put it in my ipod and keep on listening to it since the 1st hour of the day yesterday (and today) cos I wanted to immerse myself into it! 

At the 1st listen, I literally fell in love with Standing Room Only, because since the very first second, the guitar riff makes you think you're gonna listen to a lullaby then, the drums is coming in a perfect mix with the guitar and you finally listening a poppy rock song that integrate a slow part in the verses (to catch your breath ).
Domino is probably my favorite song of the EP, maybe I won't be the only one and that's why they choose its title to named the EP! Once again, the mix guitar/drums has the best role (damn Im a bassist not a guitarist!!). When listening to that song you just wanna sing "Raise me - Hold me" with Simon while moving your body in the rythm of the song.  Domino is a real Rock tune. 
Hang Fire could become a rock anthem with the mix of the music and Simon's voice.  But I think that in this song, Simon's voice is more in the high frequency that would makes you love or hate the song. But also, Simon's voice has something quite special, I know some persons who wouldn't like me saying that but his voice's range reminds me a little bit of Liam G. 's voice at the very beginning of Oasis.
Set me on Fire is the perfect song to put at the end of an ep, I mean, you just wanna press the play button again and again, and dance like a crazy on that great songs. 
The Only problem of The Domino Ep is that if you hate hearing songs full of great guitar's riffs, then just don't press play, if you don't like to move your body on some rock's songs, then don't press the play button AND if you don't like bands with a singer who has a special voice, then don't press the play button...


This EP has been recorded at the Loom Studio where the great Operator Six also recently been... And have been recorded, mixed and mastered by Grant Henderson

From December the 12th, You will be able to buy physical cd (including a deluxe version with signed postcard and poster) on the official website of Little Vegas Lies. Otherwise, you can order it from the usual Itunes, Amazon, Zune, Spotify, Napster, Play.com. (You're not allow to say you couldn't find it with all those supports!)

If the EP will be available in December, you can already listen to the 1st single "Standing Room Only" thanks to the video, the band just revealed to the public.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire