samedi 3 décembre 2011

Transfer

On last tuesday, I went to see Kaiser Chiefs, a band I love for a very long time now. And thanx to them, I discovered a new band! Their supports acts were Transfer and Tribes. ( I already saw Tribes in last June and I wasn't that fond of them...). BUT I fell in love with Transfer!!!!


Transfer is a band that comes from San Diego, south California in the  US. It's composed by :
Matthew Molarius at guitar and lead vocals
Shaun Cornell at the bass, Keyboard & backing vocals
Andy Ridley at the drums
Jason Cardenas  at the guitars and backing vocals.

Their music is a real and pure rock'n'roll sound . They've been influenced by Nick Drake, Peter Case, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, My Morning Jacket, the Flaming Lips, Pink Floyd, Radiohead and more...
 
They won 2 San Diego Music Awards. The 1st one in September 2009 for best rock band and the 2nd one in 2010 for Best Rock Album. 
They went on tour with the brilliant Brandon Flowers during his solo tour in Europe, following by another European tour with White Lies where they also played in France so yes, this date in Paris with Kaiser Chiefs was not their 1st Parisian date. 
You can buy their 1st album "Future Selves" on Itunes or if you're lucky enought (like I was ) you can find the album in a cd version at the gigs or in England at HMV.... 

You can find the band on their Facebook page, Twitter , Myspace and of course on their Official Website





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire