lundi 12 décembre 2011

The Narrows






The Narrows is a bunch of crazy guys coming from Manchester. How did I discovered them? Thanx to *drum roll* Miss Shell Zenner ! Yeah one more time, I discovered a band thanx to her shows and her blogs.

The Narrows are :

David Battle
Phil Drinkwater
Adam J. Hynes

They describe their sound as "dark futuristic electro guilt pop". 
I know their music is quite different of the music I usually listen but in a way it's much closer to my usual style than you can imagine! They "rock" in their way.
Everybody needs to bring some good "dancing" music in their playlist and this is the kind of "dancing" music I like. Some real music with real instruments and not only computers....
Im a huge fan of Miike Snow and in a way, I find some of the same element in The Narrows's music.

One of their song "Able Danger" has become one of my alarm clock! Yup, how to be happy as soon as you have to wake up and think of work...

On their Facebook page, they give you a list of festivals/gigs they made this year and they played in some famous place like T in The Park, FOM Fest and Eurocultured.They have headlined the O2 Academy2 in London and The Ruby Lounge in Manchester. 

They also released 3 EPs: 

Through Constant Decay that you can buy on this link by naming your price ( but please don't give only 1£!!!)

Initials MM and Able Danger that you can buy for only 1£ on this links.


You can find them on Their official WebsiteTheir Facebook page Their Youtube PageTheir SoundCloud , and following them on their Official Twitter






I think It's time for The Narrows to travel threw Europe and see a bit of the Parisian scene!! ;)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire