mardi 16 août 2011

The "new" Screening member!!!!

One of my favorite band just welcomed a new member, and instead of only posting her (yes HER) picture and write her name, I thought she could introduced herself thanx to a small interview! Let me introduce you Amy Horsley, the new The Screening member!



Amy, at the beginning of July, you officially became the new member of The Screening. How did you get to meet the guys?

I met them up a dark ally one night. I was bitten. then all of a sudden I was playing in a band with them! ..... (I work with Tom Lewitt)


How did they ask you to join the band?

Tom asked me to come along to a rehearsal he had been saying for ages that they wanted a keyboard player. After the first rehearsal they text me some gig dates.

Is it your first band or have already been the keyboard player in other band(s)?
I played keyboards in a reggae band called Stiff Naked Fools. That was about 4 year ago now. Since then I've done odd bits and bobs mainly with my friend Amy playing covers on accoustic guitars. I was a bit apprehensive about playing with The Screening as its a totally different style/vibe to what I've played before. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to adapt but its going really well, and I'm loving it :)


Is it not too hard to be the only girl?
Oh yeah it's such a chore. Again I was apprehensive about meeting the lads you know what bands can be like! Right from the first rehearsal though they have been totally welcoming and lovely to me. I wouldn't have joined if i didnt like them, You have to spend so much time together! I'm sure there are lots of girls (and boys) who would love to be in my position now especially when I'm squeezed in between the two Toms in the back of the van!


Your first gig with the band was the GlastonBlaby which is quite an important one as the band is like the "godfather(s)" of the association, was it easy for you? Or would you rather like to begin by a small gig in a small pub?

Well we did do a small gig at Sumo the Thursday before GlastonBlaby. Jim arranged it so GlastonBlaby wasn't my first gig with the band. To be honest for me sometimes smaller more intimate gigs are more nerve racking, everyones closer and you can see peoples faces and reactions. GlastonBlaby was great, the weather was amazing and loads of people turned up. The Harley Staples Cancer Trust is such a great charity offering respite to families *Happy Harley's Holiday homes* and organising entertainment days in and out of the hospital *Happy Harley Days*.


After that, you had to play the 100 Club in London which is quite a famous club!!! Any comment on that?

Yeah its a legendary venue, so many great bands have played there. It was a great night, there were 5 acts on all together and it was packed in there. Apart from my keyboard stand collapsing on stage :-/ it all went swimmingly. The sound was great.


For the moment, you're at the backing vocals with Tom Lewitt, but do you think that one day, you'll have the lead vocal on, at least, one song? Or even a duet with Tom Nurse?
Ha Ha Jesus dont let Tom N see this one! I would like to sing a duet with Tom, Kylie and Jason maybe?? Dolly and Kenny??


What kind of reaction(s) did you get from the fans?
The Screening are a bit of a lads lads band so I did wonder what people might think to a girl being in the band. So far though I've had a positive reaction :)


Would you like to be part of the writing?

I'm not the best song writer to be honest the songs would all end up sounding like nursary rhymes.


ok, randoms questions now,

Do you have a favorite song in your ipod that you should be ashame to have?
Like a guilty pleasure,My husband sorted out my i phone and put a load of music on it. I'm still discovering new tracks myself on it. He has very different taste in music to me. I recently got into Fleetwood Mac after discovering them on my phone!


What was the first ever gig you went to?

Take That- I was totally in love


What was the 1st ever cd or vinyl you bought (with your own money)?
I have a terrible memory.....
I can remember listening to Jive Bunny And The Mastermixers and a NOW (19 or something) they were the first vinyl
first CD probably Take That- I was totally in love


Do you have a message for The fans of the band?

fans are the making of bands. The Screening has a great following. Im starting to recognise faces and learn names now :)

Do you have a message for the guys?

see you later x


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire