mercredi 23 mars 2011

Foley Stewart

Im gonna introduce now an artist from the US!!!! Yes I can listen to music that is not coming from the UK!!! :)

I've discovered Foley Stewart really recently as he was the support act of Fran Healy during his solo tour in Europe. I didn't know who I was going to see and this is not usual for me to love the support acts I use to see... But maybe God wanted me to hear Foley, cos I've decided to run after the work and I arrived at La Maroquinerie during the 1st song and I was not yet IN the venue that I heard his voice and thought that I was gonna love that set! I know this venue by heart but this time I just follow the voice like flying till the stage.... After his set, Foley became the sound engineer of Fran and could also make an excellent impression of the US sound checker AND sing the background vocal on "Sierra Leone" with Fran.... After the gig, I could met him as he became the merch boy for his own cd. Outside he made a brilliant impression of Ke$ha, don't ask me why, you should have been there! In one evening, I saw a singer I LOVE for many years and I discovered an talented New-Yorker who, I hope will become famous here soon!


Foley Stewart was born and raised in the East Village of Manhattan. His music is influenced by both the city and the country - His dad is from Kentucky and his mom is from Brooklyn. In highschool, Foley began paying shows at local clubs and recording DIY albums out of his dad's apartment on Ludlow street. Since then he has toured the US and recorded with some awesome people like Jimmy Boyle, Mark Ronson and Emery Dobyns. His latest EP "Holy Nowhere" was done by himself in his bedroom.
You can follow him on his Facebookmyspacetumblr and his Twitter.
You can order his 1st EP on Itunes!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire