dimanche 5 juin 2011

Billy Vincent


After more than 6 months, I finally write a post about a band I love and whom the music can help you to find your sleep on the night like to make you dance like a lunatic!!! 
I discovered Billy Vincent more than one year ago when I went to the gig of Sweet Sweet Lies with my friend Marion at The Water Rats in London, they were playing just before 
and I literally fell in love!!!

BILLY VINCENT are:

Billy Barratt and David Vincent, both on Vocals and guitars

Joseph Kinsey on Bass, Harmonica and vocals

Jack Blenkinsop on Drums and vocals

Matt Woodward on Fiddle and Vocals
The band is from South London, where Billy and David have met and made that band. You can describe their music as Folk-Rock or even Dirty folk. They already release One double side single in March 2009 "Sugar and Soap", one album in late 2009 "Stay On Course, No Remorse" , and Two EP , "The Morden Shake" in February 2010 and more recently "King Island Coyote". A new single should follow soon while their full-lenght debut album is scheduled for a release in September.

I can't tell you which of their song is my fave cos I really love them all and for some I have my imagination always working... For example, when I listen to "Tubes/wires" just with the music, I can imagine the singers riding a horse dressed as Cow-boys and joining up with the rest of the band in a Saloon.... I know my imagination can be really strange!
If you can have the chance to see them live, just take the opportunity because they are really brilliant live, full of energy,passion,  really enjoying what they're doing and with a real interaction with the public. I saw them twice, once at the Water-Rats and once at the late-Flowerpot, where the stages are not really huge but even when they're really but REALLY close to each other, the passion and energy is huge!



















You can find the band on their Facebook page, myspace, follow them on twitter, Tumblr and of course, Official Website where you can find where and how to buy their songs...


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire